Sunday, March 2, 2014

It's the little things that make life grand


Sunday mornings are my favorite time of the week. Friday evenings come in a close second. Sunday morning means I can sleep in until my body tells me it's time to wake up. I can leisurely drink my tea. Make a hearty breakfast. And relax and enjoy myself.

This morning I woke up before my husband. We are both on a detox diet so we drink red clover tea throughout the day. I took our vintage carafe and made a large pot, suitable for the whole day. 

I love our vintage carafe. I gave it to my husband for Christmas this year. It was a great eBay find. I love mid century modern design and this one is perfect. 

I poured my cup of tea and set his favorite mug beside the carafe. 

Through this detox process, while I am cleaning out my body and allowing it to be healthier, I am starting to really enjoy the little things. My favorite mug, the great designs in my home, making good food, listening to good music. 

These little things help me not miss the junk food so much. I still crave breads and cakes but making sure the things I am eating are beautifully served makes me happy. And makes that road to health not so steep.

The red clover tea we drink is just a simple loose tea. But you have to admit that pouring it from that gorgeous carafe into a fun mug makes all the difference. 

It's a beautiful rainy day here. Great day to spend appreciating the warmth of my house, hot tea, and watching Peter Gabriel in concert (the one in Athens--highly recommend). 

Soon it will be time to make that breakfast. Ahhhhh Sundays. 

Hope you are enjoying your day. You don't have to spend a lot to make your days special. 

Time to relax,
Laureen  

No comments:

Post a Comment