Saturday, December 14, 2013

Eggnog Yogurt Breakfast - Incredibly yummy, healthy, and easy!

I love the idea of eggnog. That sweet creamy texture, the addition of spices. It is so darn yummy. Yet it goes bad so fast if you get the good stuff! I am not a big milk drinker so that is why I say I love the idea of eggnog.

I found a way to have my eggnog and eat healthy too. On a day when I wanted something different for breakfast, I mixed it into my vanilla yogurt and OH MY GOODNESS!  

I like to add some granola and my husband bought me a new flavor he found: Salted Chocolate Granola! WHAT? REALLY?! Oh yum. When I first made this concoction, I used a cranberry nut granola and it was good, but the Salted Chocolate? HOLY COW! 

So here is what you will need: 

  • 3/4 to 1 Cup of a good organic vanilla yogurt. I usually have coconut yogurt but they were out so I got a cows' milk yogurt. 
  • 1/4 Cup of a really good eggnog. I prefer Straus Family Creamery but if you have a local creamery, try them! 
  • 1/8 - 1/4 Cup granola. Homemade is best but I don't always have time and I love Cocomo Joes. And the Salty Chocolate flavor can't be beat. 
  • Cinnamon to taste.
  • Nutmeg to taste.
Put all ingredients into a nice bowl and stir. I like to let mine sit for about 5 minutes so the granola softens a little but if you like yours really crunchy, enjoy immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment