Thursday, January 3, 2013

Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! -Auntie Mame

Let's live. I mean really live. Let's pay attention to the things that bring us enjoyment in life. Let's spend more time with the people we like, let's enjoy good food, let's have pretty things around us, and let's smile, laugh, and live more.


In my 40 something years of life I have learned a few things about living. Things that make my life better, more fun, and make me feel like I am living this life instead of wading my way through it. 

I like the finer things in life, as many of them as I can experience, but I don't want to have to work so darn hard to get them. I keep hearing people say that if you find the right job it won't seem like work. Guess I need to keep looking....

I am a Mid-Century-Modern loving, party planning, flower designing, health nut, technology-geek who is craving an easier life. I love the grace and elegance of the 1940s and 50s and intend to bring that into my life in a 21st century kind of way. 

In 2013, I plan to dream the life I have always wanted and to make it happen. I will share my progress and "how-tos" with you so you can join in the fun. Let's stop watching the world and start living instead. 

As Auntie Mame says. "Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!"  I say, it's time to feast!



2 comments:

  1. I re-watched "Auntie Mame" this holiday ... what a blast. One of my favorite gals and most likely (from what I can tell thus far) role model! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! I love Auntie Mame and plan to use her as my role model for years to come. :) Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete