Sunday, September 29, 2013

Halloween Entertaining and Wedding Design - Latest Trend...Bleeding Flowers!

I love the holidays. For me, Halloween heralds the start of the Holiday Season. 

This year I decide to do a design that can be used for entertaining friends or as a design for a Halloween-themed reception.

I chose the color scheme of black, dark red or burgundy, gold and white. I didn't want to use the typical orange and yellow. 


I also knew I wanted to incorporate fake blood. I had seen a few fake blood recipes on Pinterest and I knew I could make a lot for really cheap. 

You can see the final design above. White tablecloth, black table runner, gold chargers with black and white square plates, crisp white napkin with a red rose at each place setting. 



The design also includes cut crystal wine glasses, and an Eiffel Tower black vase with hydrangeas, roses, and white alstroemeria. There are two glass bowls with a pure white lisianthus floating in them. The bowls are filled with fake blood and the alstroemeria have blood added to the centers so they bleed into the bowls and onto the lisianthus. 


A wide white satin ribbon was added just under the flowers and it drapes down the stem of the vase. The blood drops are also streaming down the ribbon.

Overall this makes for an elegant Halloween table for entertaining with family, or for a reception table. It would also work with round tables instead of the rectangle that you see in the pictures.

In future posts I will give you my tips for making the fake blood, picking flowers, and how to make the flowers bleed. Comment below if you have any questions. 

Time to celebrate! 
Laureen

No comments:

Post a Comment