Sunday, January 5, 2014

All the Comforts of Home

I will be traveling for business more this year. I have a love/hate relationship with business travel. I really like being at home. I can have everything my way.

And since I have been adding more healthy items to my diet, it makes it more difficult to eat the way I like while on the road. 

I like having my homemade coffee "creamer"; I like drinking my lemon, apple cider vinegar, and aloe gel in sparkling water at night. I miss those things when I travel. 

As I will be traveling more, I wanted to bring home with me. So I don't have to miss the things that make me feel good every day. 

 
I found this cool little Mini Glass Creamer bottles at Crate and Barrel that are now on sale for 50 cents! They are not only cute--adorable even!--but I think they can give me a bit of home in an easy to carry container.

I have put my lemon juice/apple cider vinegar/aloe juice concoction into one. I am freezing that to keep the ingredients chilled while I travel. And I have added some raw honey, cinnamon, and raw cacoa to another to use as my creamer! I will let you know how they work out when I return. 

Although this probably guarantees I will have my luggage searched by TSA agents, I still think it's worth it. Remind me to tell you about my travels when I used to bring a bag of epsom salts with me! HA! I finally learned to keep them in the original bag.  

Here's to hoping I don't end up with luggage full of honey and my clothes don't end up smelling like apple cider vinegar. I will update this blog post when I return to let you know how it went.


Post trip update---the bottles worked amazingly well! No leakage! My luggage was searched by TSA but I was not surprised by that. I had put ingredients lists on each one, put them in small plastic bags, then put both bottles into a larger plastic bag with a couple of paper towels, just in case. The towels were dry when I got there. After defrosting and using, one of the lids cracked so I need to determine a better lid for the containers but this idea is a go. I will never travel without my concoctions again.



Happy Travels and #happyhealthy2014!
Laureen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment