Sunday, August 4, 2013

DIY Wedding and Event Inspirations -- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits


All celebrations need dessert. Whether it's a wedding, shower, birthday, anniversary party; all of them require something special to end the meal.

Recently, I have liked the trend that offers multiple desserts so guests can choose or have a bite of each. 

For a recent party, I ordered a 2-layer frosted cake, but then also served lemon poppy-seed Bundt cake with blueberry compote, homemade butter mints, and strawberry cheesecake parfaits.

To make the cheesecake parfaits, I like to use a cheesecake recipe that doesn't need to be cooked.

The recipe I used is one that my family has been using for years. I think it was originally from a wrapper of a sweetened condensed milk can. It is super simple to make and tastes divine!

Cheesecake recipe

2 -8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract 

Put cream cheese into a food processor and process until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and blend. Pour in lemon juice and vanilla and process until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture is smooth and creamy. 

That's it. Really. You can put this into a graham cracker crust or into small glasses with fruit like I did.

I put the mixture into a large plastic baggie and clipped a 1/4 inch hole in one of the bottom corners. I piped the cheesecake into the bottom of a glass, added a few pieces of sliced strawberry, then piped more. I added more strawberry slices to the top and viola! Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits. 
 I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Leave a comment if you need more information or help with designing your parties.

Laureen


1 comment:

  1. What a great suggestion and it looks delicious as well! Sorry for the anonymous ... it was the easiest way to post ... Babs

    ReplyDelete